دکتر نادر شوندی کبودراهنگی موفق در والیبال کانادا
OVA Welcomes Brian Finniss & Nader Shavandi To The Team
Monday, November 10, 2014
The OVA is excited to announce the hiring of Brian Finniss (left) as our new High Performance Manager and Nader Shavandi (right) as our new Indoor Development Coach.
The High Performance Manager is a new role at the OVA and in this capacity Brian Finniss will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of high performance sport for Ontario Volleyball.
The key responsibilities of the High Performance Manager are:
- Developing and Implementing Processes and Policies for High Performance Sport
- Athlete Identification and Development (Indoor, Beach & Sitting Volleyball)
- Coaching & Officials Development (Indoor, Beach & Sitting Volleyball)
- Managing the High Performance Indoor and Beach Development Coaches
Originally from PEI, Brian has been involved in high performance sport for a number of years. As an athlete, he played varsity basketball for Acadia University and the University of Calgary then moved on to play professional basketball in Europe. After he returned to Canada, he took on various roles in high performance sport, including a position as the Manager of High Performance Services for the Canadian Sport Institute (PacificSport). In that role he was responsible for the design and delivery of the high performance curriculum for Canadian Sport School Northern BC athletes (ages 14-18). He was also the Project Manager of a brand new high performance training facility specific to Canadian Sport Centre and PacificSport carded athletes. Most recently, Brian has been working overseas as the Manager of High Performance for a professional soccer organization in Thailand.
Brian is a talented administrator who has proven his ability to develop and implement high performance programs across a number of different sports. We look forward to Brian drawing on his Canadian and international experiences, to create leading-edge programs that will put Ontario Volleyball at the forefront of high performance development in Canada.
Nader Shavandi is also joining us in the newly created Indoor Development Coach position. Under the supervision of the High Performance Manager, the Indoor Development Coach will be tasked with delivering key OVA programs. This role encompasses a broad range of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
- Training, coaching and creating programming for OVA Ontario identified athletes to prepare for provincial, national, and international events.
- Leading and mentoring Team Ontario, Volleyball Canada Centre of Excellence (VCCE) and Club Coaches, as well as providing guidance to regional and community coaches.
- Developing, implementing, and facilitating programming for the recruitment and identification of athletes and coaches.
- Being a key contributor to the development of programming for fulfilling objectives for the High Performance Plan.
Nader has over 20 years of coaching experience and was involved in the development of an extremely successful National Volleyball Team program in his native country of Iran. He was the Trainer of the Senior National Volleyball Team of IRAN participating in events such as the Volleyball World Cup (2006 – Japan) and the Asian Games (2006 – Qatar). He has coached FISU games teams for Turkey and China, and was the former Director of the Education and Research Committee for the Volleyball Federation of Iran. Nader is a Level 2 certified International Volleyball Coach (FIVB) and has earned a PhD in Exercise Physiology. He has dedicated the last two decades to studying, coaching and elevating the sport of volleyball and we are thrilled to have someone of his caliber join our team here at the OVA.
We wish both Brian and Nader success in their new roles!